View Single Post
Old 06.18.2008, 12:33 PM   #74
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
What is the criteria for "underrated" in this case? Poultergeist was a hugely successful and well-remembered film that spawned many sequels, parodies, and even a video game! In fact, I could be wrong here (and somebody can look this up on wikipedia and prove me right or wrong), but I'd say it was easily one of the most successful horror films ever made.. not just fianancially but in its legacy/inspiration to others as well.

I say its underrated as far as "horrer/suspense" films go. I really is a horrer film but the fact that Speilberg's name is associated with it, even overshadows Tobe Hopper as director I think people often forget or overlook it for more traditional horrer fare. The film works on the level that "The Excorcist" does. A slow burn. Where intially the family is amused by this prescene and each time something happens it just builds and builds to much more darker and disturbing fare. Thus making for a very effective scare film.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|