View Single Post
Old 07.14.2008, 05:49 PM   #61
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
As to the topic statement, a big "no duh." It's a formula that's time-tested I suppose.
Far too many American consumers gobble it up in hypocritical fashion.

Ah, Bill Hicks worship. He's okay. Yeah, I can't stand Billy Ray Cyrus either.
Hicks probably had more to say than the other rambler, Lenny Bruce, yeah, I'll give him that, but a lot of it is hippie hodgepodge. I can explain at length and dissect his routines if ya want. I suppose Lenny was Beatnik hodepodge. Don't get me wrong, I like both, but at some point worship kicks in and the worshipper fails to look at things critically--as they really are. If someone really thinks that Bill Hicks had some kind of untouchable sage's wisdom, if they think that he had some special message or knowledge, then I'm not so sure they think very much at all. He gets about as much wrong as he does right. And, he's *cough* highly contradictory at times.

If I were to put up a poll of Steve Martin vs. Bill Hicks, Bill would vanquish Steve and people wouldn't even consider that Steve is a lot more philosophical. Instead they would point to Steve's "sellout" as a way to discredit his zenith.

Anyway, another rant.

i dont know about any of this but did you hear what he said about killing billy ray cyrus and about his filthy cracker seed? this thread is about that seed!! prophecy status: fulfilled.

anyway i had never heard of hicks until recently (nor about hannah montana or her disgusting father, for that matter), and to me carlin was better, but eh, every time i listen to that clip i laugh-- now, the seething rage he displays is probably how he got pancreatic cancer-- so i wouldn't recommend it as a daily activity, nor worship in any way.

but anyone who hates that greasy asshole cyrus guy who apparently used to make atrocious music before he decided to exploit his own children is alright in my book.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|