View Single Post
Old 08.28.2008, 05:01 AM   #41
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
i own every fugazi album, like i said, i like them, but ive never gotten the hero worship they get (musically, but thier stance on 5 dollar shows, diy to the max, they get my utmost respect for that). i actually think the instrument is rather weak. i think the arguement was a masterpiece and thier best, they really went out at the top of thier game, they brought in all those amazing hypnotic dub experimentalist rhythms they had been hinting at thier entire career and brought them to the front. it was a very adventurous and very rewarding album. 13 songs and repeater are the others that i love respectivley. the rest i havnt put on in well over a year.

i have never given them hero status. I think they are a decent enough band to be considered a "good" band that is worth listening to. And I agree, Argument is better. Instrument was my introduction, and I recommend Instrument to anyone who has never listened to Fugazi before.

I remember hearing that they have only played a few shows at the $5 price...unwillingly. Most of their shows were said to be free-$3. I have no credible sources to back that up though. I read that in a magazine during my 9th grade year. I smoked a lot of regs back then. My memory could be wrong.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|