View Single Post
Old 09.07.2008, 08:12 AM   #14
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
I always thought his most ''free-jazz'' sound came from his EL Saturn records.

Not exactly. El Saturn was just his personal label and all manner of stuff came out on it over the decades, much of which later got re-released by bigger labels. Atlantis was originally on Saturn, later put out by Impulse!, and most recently by Evidence (which contains both versions of "Yucatan" since the Impulse! one edited it).

The thing is, Saturn albums aren't exactly easy to come by or affordable. Some came out in editions of 20-30. Not something you are likely to find in your local record store, or even online for less than hundreds of dollars.

I would still maintain that his most free jazz stuff is on ESP because that was what that label was all about and thus what they were most apt to cull from his immense library of recordings to draw from. I'm not absolutely positive, but I think pretty much all of the stuff on ESP was also released on Saturn.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|