View Single Post
Old 12.16.2008, 03:41 PM   #47
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
London IS the mirror of everything that is happening in this country, just like any other major city is the mirror of whatever happens in any other country. I'm sure the company you work for is big, smart, and all that, but it isn't based in London, where you get to see the consequences of the tremors caused by volatile economical instability before everywhere else in the UK, like it or not. Agree?

Well, that very much depends. In principle I agree, but it depends on the market - if you're an estate agent, you've been bricking it for years; if you're a small business in Renfrewshire, you've either been bricking it for the last 20 years or you've given up caring. I personally dislike the London-centrism that affects a lot of people (most often non-Londoners, I should add) but I entirely agree that London saw this coming way ahead of the rest of this country.

And for what it's worth, London is fucking huge, and the tremors are reacted to and consolidated much quicker. Small businesses in my hometown (actually a village) are utterly, utterly fucked (so you can look forward to even more over-crowding in London when all the Cornish migrate up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|