View Single Post
Old 12.29.2008, 10:27 PM   #47
Radioactive Poltergeist
bad moon rising

Radioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's assesRadioactive Poltergeist kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
Yes the attacks are seriously hurting the Palestinian people, but the target is Hamas. Just because I don't eat up every morsel of left-wing propaganda doesn't mean I'm being foolish.

Hamas is an islamist extremist group with the aim of destroying Israel, not making peace. That's what's foolish. Shooting rockets across the border and expecting that nothing will happen in return is fucking retarded.

The aim I suppose is to make the Gaza civilians uncomfortable enough under Hamas that they "unelect" them. Carrot, stick, etc. I think these tactics will backfire here (witness the public opinion) just like they didn in Lebanon. Then again, the Israeli foreign minister is a daughter of Irgun members, Olmert is a stupid fuck, and Israel hasn't had a decent government since they killed Rabin. The only thing I don't understand is what the fuck is Ehud Barak doing in this cabinet, but I'm hoping our Israel boardies will explain/clarify.
I'm not sure which "left-wing propaganda" you are referring to, and I don't understand what is "left-wing" about my position. Actually, a lot of what I understand about the conflict comes from official Israeli policy. They don't try particularly hard to conceal the fact that they follow policies of ethnic cleansing.

And again, what is with this whole "Hamas is out to destroy Israel". They have stated repeatedly that what they seek is the restoration of the pre 1967 borders which is thoroughly reasonable. This, as usual, is completely ignored.

As for the rockets, I don't condone them. I wonder though why you suppose they expect nothing to happen. There are probably numerous reasons for the rockets and I suspect most of them stem from the fact that the Palestinian people are in an utterly desperate situation.

And I still do not buy that this is simply about Hamas. Every Israeli government since Ben Gurion has stated in some way or other that the Palestinian people do not exist, or that they intend to drive the Palestinians out of their land entirely. This is all in print by the way, in Ha'aretz and government archives. Added to this is the fact this this tactic used by Israel drastically pre-dates Hamas. I refer you not to what you refer to as "propaganda", rather I ask you draw facts from reality. What you are doing is trying to theorize the problem into a tidy political issue, where Israel's intentions go no further than quashing Hamas. Yet by Israel's own admission they intend on grinding the population into the ground. In fact, this policy has been pursued long before 1948, it is very much ingrained in Israel's policy, regardless of whoever is in power. This isn't something Israel has actually denied, and is self evident anyway.

I mean, the answer to the problem is blindingly obvious: return illegally occupied land to their rightful owners, and there is a simple enough program to follow, which starts with the removal of all Israeli settlers, and the return to the pre 1967 borders.
Radioactive Poltergeist is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|