View Single Post
Old 12.29.2008, 11:18 PM   #68
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
SuchFriends - I see where you're coming from, and yeah, it makes sense. Alas, in the I/P conflict, such niceties have been regularly ignored. On the one hand, the first invasion by Israel into Lebanon in 1982. On the other, the frankly insane methods of Hamas.

In this case, there are no "heroes". The whole thing is a complete horror-show. I only wishg that some sense somewhere would prevail...

First, lets distinguish the rocket attacks and suicide bombings from the govt of Hamas:

" In January 2006, Hamas won a dramatic victory in Palestinian elections and became the dominant political power in Palestine.Since that election, Israel and many Western powers have struggled with how best to interact with a group that is at once labeled terrorist and, at the same time, is the legitimately elected leadership of the Palestinian National Authority."

And not all of the rockets and bombings even come from the militant arm of Hamas either, many come from pissed off people who are unaffiliated. These are not coordinated rocket attacks or military strikes by Hamas, these are by and large individual instances, where as the Israeli military always responds with tanks and air strikes.

It is plain and simple use of disproportionate force by Israel, regardless of what happens to Israel, they literally overreact.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|