View Single Post
Old 01.08.2009, 08:19 PM   #303
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
i do see, but i do not agree. random casual fans are going to be buying this on cd, not vinyl. hardcore fans are buying both. i don't think it is as big as you are making it. its not like there were gonna be a ton of people waiting for the cd, when the lossless/wav files are floating around, and instead they purchased the vinyl. no, those casual people are just now hearing about the album, and the vinyl is way sold out already.

this is exactly the point, how many of their hardcore fans would buy the vinyl if it wasn't released before the CD? They are buying the vinyl because it is the only thing available, and then they will buy the CD once that is released, if the CD came before the LP do you think the LP would have sold out its first pressing in a week? Would MTV have written a news story about the album breaking the top200 if it wasn't vinyl only? Would casual listeners, or anyone who reads MTV news have heard about this new release if it wasn't for MTV covering it?
I'm not making a big deal out of it, I think this was a simple PR stunt to generate interest for animal collective's new record as they seem to be getting to that point where they can maybe sell a few records to people who listen to mostly mainstream stuff and a tiny smattering of independent, people who have slightly more adventurous tastes than average, but to whom The Trail of The Dead (for example) are pretty radical stuff.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|