View Single Post
Old 02.10.2009, 08:05 PM   #2280
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
I want a cheap -ish digicompact that would be stripped down to the essential, without all automatic shit, with complete manual control over everything and preferably with an option for an external flash, as the compact cam flashes tend to be quite useless in the dark, from what I've heard.
But I can't find one! god damnit. The panasonic lx3 is intriguing but pricey.

then I could spam some proper nonsense to this thread.

Im not sure cheap ish and external flash shoe/add on really fit in the same phrase, but for a great cheap manual setting option camera the canon a-series are pretty awesome.

the canon g10 has hot shoe.. but seems to be around US 500. I dont know what you consider cheap... its good value non SLR though, fairly compact, lots of features, even has manual focus, great image quality etc.

panasonic image quality is v poor in my experience BUT I havent been printing digital pictures daily for almost two years, so things may have improved slightly since then. Though in the same span of time, the better quality cameras will have also improved... canon = win, fuji = poor mans canon. Canon have legendary optics and image processors, while fuji have the luxury of also being the main provider of digital printing machines(frontiers), and so the coordination of what you see on screen vs digitally printed output is really very good for such cheap cameras. They do break a lot easier than a well made canon though. Buttons fall off eventually etcs. Nothing tape wont usually fix though.