View Single Post
Old 02.24.2009, 06:13 PM   #53
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i met a girl who recently got funding to do a piece of contemporary dance, what the fuck costs so much money that you would need for to dance that you can't pay for it out of what you earn in your day job (assumimg she has one)?!

Money to help survive when she is working on the project + venue hire + production expenses. The performing arts is a ridiculously expensive avenue to pursue and the funding allocated is very sparse. There are student production staff who will work via secondment for very little, but anyone with any experience does not come cheap, and then you have actual production costs, and tour costs if anyone ends up liking what you do.
It makes me want to cry when my theatrical stage manager partner complains about his wage and that he is underpaid. It is a regular argument. Standard wage includes accomodation and travel paid for when touring, weekly 'living allowance' (cash in hand of around an extra 33% of his weekly) + weekly wage. On tour this can work out to an overall value over the 3k mark per week. So think about this per person.. and your 'fudning' doesnt seem to go very far anymore.
If you're an actor and you have to actually 'do' anything while on stage other than your role (ie moving some props or set) then you are entitled to assistant stage manager bonuses also.. SHEESh.