Thread: Mattin
View Single Post
Old 03.27.2009, 10:45 AM   #15
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
keith rowe is fine, it's the wastes of space who congregate at eddie prevost's workshop (I won't name names, other than seymour wright as glice already mention him.... actually i'll name john lely because he's fucking shit) although not eddie prevost himself, but that's an issue that is irrelevant to anyone outside london, or at least unfamiliar with a particular subset of people in london improv, although that crowd seem to be branching out as seymour wright was in last month's Wire and also played at Instal.

i've heard a couple of mattin's laptop things played on resonance and i can't remember much about them other than how unremarkable they were bearing in mind what i'd heard about him as a person and going on what friends have told me about his shows when he performed here frequently, stuff like what glice was refering to, trying to provoke and confront people about nothing in an environment that is effectively a giant safety net. not that my friends said he was good or interesting.

anyway, i didn't realise that mattin played guitar in billy bao, i assumed he was doing some laptop stuff as i didn't know he played anything else. billy bao is great and it's incredible if that stuff really is improvised, and it's still great if it is not.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|