View Single Post
Old 06.13.2006, 08:51 AM   #5
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
He said that during his detention in Paddington Green police station he feared officers would frame him.
He told reporters: "All the way through my detention I kept thinking they are going to frame me, they are going to frame me."
He said: "I'm a law-abiding citizen. I was born and bred in east London. I love my town."
He went on: "I ain't done nothing to this country. This is my country. I love everyone around."
Experts have suggested that the brothers can expect compensation running into six figures.
The two men were arrested when 250 officers - some armed and some wearing chemical suits - raided their house in Lansdown Road.
Both were held under anti-terror legislation.
Since the raid, Scotland Yard has insisted officers had no choice but to act after receiving intelligence about the existence of a chemical bomb.
Mr Kahar said he "had no idea" who could have given the police intelligence about them.
"From my point of view the person who did this they have terrorised me and my family," he said.
Mr Kahar said his only crime was being Asian and Muslim.
He said he felt no pain from the shot at first but claimed he felt scared as officers allegedly attacked him after he was shot.
"I was begging them, I asked them to spare my life," he said.
Mr Kahar, with his right arm still in a sling, said he was given no warning before being shot in the chest.
"He (the officer) looked at me straightaway and shot and I fell on the floor," he said.
"I did not know myself I was shot until I saw my wound."
He also alleged that no one from the police had had "the decency to phone up and apologise".
Not even the senior officer had said sorry, he said.
Mr Kahar repeated his call for an apology to him and his family but added: "Suing the Met is not even in our heads at the moment."
"This has ruined my life," he continued. "I cannot sleep, I have flashbacks, I cannot sleep with the light off.
"I want everyone that was involved, whoever gave the order for the raid to happen, for the shot to go off, everyone involved to apologise."
When Mr Koyair was asked about reports suggesting he had shot his brother, he responded: "I was really upset. I would never lay a finger on my brother."
Family spokesman Asad Rehman, who also speaks for the Justice4Jean campaign set up after Mr de Menezes was shot by police in London last July, said the bullet fired at Mr Kahar had only missed his heart because of the angle it entered his chest as he came downstairs.
Mr Kahar said he would not be able to return to his house after the ordeal he had suffered.
He said the interrogation had been "like hell", adding: "I knew they made a mistake from the time they entered my house. We are an innocent family."
Asked whether he would be seeking financial compensation from the police, he replied: "I am not interested in money at all. I want everyone to be brought before the courts for the way I was shot."
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|