View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 12:07 AM   #21
Johnny American
little trouble girl

Johnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredcourse
I appreciate your effort to describe your opinion here.. (not that my praise means anything).

You sound really burnt out. Sorry for that .

What albums have actually inspired you lately ?

I assure I am not burnt out, but thanks for the concern. I am out of college and unemployed, though, so I guess that gives me enough time to write five paragraphs about a favorite band? Though it didn't take me very long ...

The last album or songs to really make me go crazy in a good way was the recently leaked "Bitte Orca" by the Dirty Projectors, who I just think are maybe my replacement for Sonic Youth as THE favorite band after loving them through the end of college, all of college and a couple of years (though New Attitude by them is sort of their craziest and best one). (And I still love SY, but it's just not the same here – I think I'm gonna skip this tour after seeing them eight times or so in the last seven years).

I also loved "Brothersport" and "My Girls" from the AC album this year; enjoyed this Bobby Conn record that Jim O'Rourke produced in 2001 that I just found called "The Golden Age"; I really, really loved the "J'Accuse Ted Hughes" release from last year, and was sorta getting into Laura Nyro a little, who is kinda nuts actually ... I really enjoyed "In Rainbows," and "Widow City," the Deerhoof album before the very last one, the second half of the Sea and Cake album from last year ... and you know, I just continue to listen the hell out of SY stuff from 1983-2006. I do not find very many of the Pitchfork bands worthwhile; they seem sort of like pastiche outfits looking to capitalize on strong positive feelings for classic bands of varying quality (see: Arcade Fire aping Bruce Springsteen, solo Panda Bear going for some under-melodic Pet Sounds... yuck)

And man, I have like the most negative reputation ever now. Oh well! I will never bounce back from that unless I buy everybody cake or something.
Johnny American is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|