View Single Post
Old 06.06.2009, 08:11 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I can have a single favorite painting because I'm more of a sculpture person. I doubt I could make of a short list of less than a dozen each marble and bronze.

See, I didn't get sculpture until I was in Rome last year, and then suddenly it hit me. I think Britain is very bad for sculpture, if I've seen it the setting has been awful. I mean, I was reduced to tears by Michaelangelo's Pieta in the Vatican, just unbelievable. But 'classical' sculpture seems to be featured very begrudgingly in Britain, while someone like Rachel Whiteread gets a brilliant treatment. This is either an odd thing or I am wrong, which given my general rubbishness with art, the latter is more likely.

Painting-wise, I can't think of one painting that jumps out as my favourite. I see galleries more as part of an experience than I look for something to call my favourite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|