View Single Post
Old 06.07.2009, 04:48 AM   #29
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think half of the struggle with a gallery is how to set the art.

Britain, or London at least, seems to just plonk a sculpture anywhere, ideally next to a painting under perspex with bright lights shining on it so you can't qutie see the painting properly.

Unfortunately I can't really say much about the way sculpture is curated for galleries in the UK as all I see of it is bits and peices in magazines. When I was in London a few years ago I went to the Tate/modern and somewhere else I cannot recall. But that is as far as my experience goes.

lol where exactly are you visiting that they have incorrect lighting angles with covered paintings? I'm not sure I've come across that anywhere aside from perhaps in a museum *head bangs glass while getting too close* Something like that(the bad hanging/lighting) is more clumsyness or incompitence surely than not allowing a sculpture some space.

But.... again.. if you are comparing a piece that is on display in a gallery for 3 to 6 weeks, to one which lives in the same spot, for a hundred years.. and draws in people and money with which to pay for the 'grounds' which surround it... So, then which do you think will have the more majestic location/presentation..

I can see what you are saying of course.. but.. I'm sure there are logical though not necessarily correct, reasons for it being the way it is.