View Single Post
Old 06.28.2009, 12:02 AM   #21
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
no, american dad is.

and the cleveland show will be worse.

But Family Guy has went way downhill.

I just generally don't like humor that I would consider "soon-to-be-dated". You know, very... in-the-now. Very pop-culture-referential. I think good humor is timeless. I don't mind references to shit.. you know.. if you're going to reference Hitler or Abraham Lincoln and make it funny, that's cool, I mean everyone's going to know who those people are even in 100 years. But I mean, Survivor and American Idol references and shit? No one's going to have any fucking idea what that shit was in 50 years from now.

People simply look at the humor of Family Guy and its brethren and go, "OH MAN! SKELETOR! BREAKING THROUGH A WINDOW! YELLING 'SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! IT'S LIKE THE HE-MAN GUY! AND JERRY MAGUIRE! LOL!" Just fucking boring and dull and takes no talent whatsoever to construct. Fuck it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|