Thread: Girls Rock! DC
View Single Post
Old 08.17.2009, 06:32 PM   #111
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
That's the one thing I thought was good about it. I think it's really important to give people that don't have much money a chance.

After all the bullshit I'm pretty embarrassed to still say it, but what I was trying to say is, there's nothing wrong with getting lessons, I just don't think you can get lessons on how to be original and how to be yourself and if you need them, you'll never learn it. But ... fuck it

yeah, you can't teach people how to be original but the people who do have their own ideas will be better equipped to execute those ideas if they've learned some skills, i mean listen to Can or Kraftwerk, those bands were both made up of music students, but neither band really sounds much like anything that came before them and if both groups hadn't had that background there's no way they could have pulled off what they did. Infact pretty much all krautrock bands had amazing chops and i'm willing to bet that most if not all of them took lessons to a notable degree.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|