View Single Post
Old 08.18.2009, 05:37 PM   #97
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, uh, well, what I'm currently doing is making 50 of these shorts.. so I have 31 more to make.. then I'm going to put them all together in one big film, with other little short transitional scenes, decaying weird footage of my girlfriend, and other scenes to tie all the shorts together. Basically, I started working on these shorts a few days after my girlfriend told me she was moving away and we'd have to break up for a while. She's going to be officially moved in 2 weeks. By that point, I'll probably have half the shorts done, and the other half will be done after she's gone. So, my next film will be kind of a "documentary" on my mental state during this time, and it's basically a true story, as I've been working on these shorts to keep myself sane during this rough time.

So, basically, I'm posting these shorts because they're all so unique and so different from each other, and I want people to see them, but the actual film will be about 30% of the shorts footage and then 70% stuff I've shot exclusively for the film. Some of the shorts will be extended, shortened, cut up, etc. Basically, I'm just making them without any thought of a "flow" to the film and I'm going to make them "flow" a bit better when the film is finished (though obviously it's still going to be a bit insane and all over the place).

After I finish the film, which should be between 60-80 minutes of insanity, I'm going to sell 'em for like $10 a pop (maybe cheaper.. I won't be actually selling 'em, I'm having my friend do it, and I'll have my own page for my films on his .com site soon). For people who don't want to buy it, I'll upload the whole thing to youtube or something too.

All together, with the shorts and the additional footage I've shot that no one's seen, I've finished about 40 minutes of the film. So, I'd consider myself halfway done.

My next film, after this one, will be called MAKE IT BE A WARM DAY (named after, and based on, a "short story" of mine I posted on here a while back). I need to hurry up and finish this one so I can film that one, as I want to film it completely in the snow. It's going to likely be an extremely dark, depressing, moody film. Very slow, quiet, probably all in black and white. Basically, the exact opposite of everything I've done so far. I want to make the most depressing film ever.

Thanks for the continued support and interest, everyone!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|