Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.08.2009, 03:50 AM   #24
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
btw i was kinda doing this post as a test to see how many people could talk about the band without mentioning her weight.

why is armpit hair gross on women as opposed to men? i have armpit hair which i haven't shaved for years. i'm also technically overweight. and you know what, i fucking love it!

i went to the show - stood in the front row. met beth ditto afterward. she gave me a giant hug. it was amazing.

The thing with The Gossip is that they themselves use her weight (amongst other things) as a selling point for the band, so it's not so strange if often that subject is brought up. Why would they play places like London's XXL nightclub, one predominantely for fat gay men, if they weren't against a little self-stereotyping? She might get more of a bad rap than Karen O for being a large woman, the fact remains that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs made better music than they did, so it can't be all that bad for them if they still find themselves riding the crest of success mainly because of a novelty factor brought into mainstream indie music.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|