View Single Post
Old 11.01.2009, 04:51 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Long live Carl Cox and Bob Sinclar!!
Anyway I rely on myself to choose the records I want to listen to.

fine but if youre gonna be SOCIAL and hang out in some sort of collective space you wanna have a good DJ rather than a sucky one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
A 4-year-old could DJ. It's not rocket science. All you have to do is:

1. Choose a record.
2. Place it on the turntable.
3. Lower the stylus onto the outer edge of the record.
4. Bob's your uncle.

the mechanical process is evidently clear (unless you're *really* spinning records, then dexterity is required), however, the mood control aspect of the job is much more important.

holy fuck, some months ago i went to this bar with some friends to some kind of 80s dj and the thing was UTTER SHIT, horrible pop shit, no siouxie and the banshees, no cure, no devo, just the most ghastly horrible worse shit about the 80s, it was like resurrecting ronald reagan, and i was not going to waste a good intoxication on such horrid aural environment & left the place.

a good DJ is a DJ with good taste and a good record collection and a feel for the room.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|