View Single Post
Old 12.28.2009, 05:14 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

(p.s. why does the thread title only address christian denominations?)

because it is a survey/discussion on Christianity. I did not want to have a religion thread specifically, if anything i didn't want to talk about religion at all, rather the cultural and historical bullshit we self-servingly masquerade as religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I understand what you are saying, I just don't think unified christianity is the answer.

unification of ALL people is the answer to the problem of fragmentation and division amongst man and man. If people draw lines in the sand with each other, they are divided. We must simply stop drawing these lines, whether it be an 'atheist' dividing from religious, a Jew/Christian dividing from Muslims, a Muslim dividing from Hindus, or Baptists dividing from Catholics, Pentecostals dividing from Orthodox. We need to come together, not splinter away. The more we splinter, the more we divide, means the more we will fight and suffer.

The reality is as I said before, most people profess not a religion, but a system of cultural and historical baggage. Throw out the baggage that divides, and open up you heart. Stop thinking, start feeling.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|