View Single Post
Old 02.10.2010, 03:50 AM   #28
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I wish they hadn't decided to stick Master-Dik at the end of the Sister vinyl reissue. Even in comparison with other 'bonus' tracks, that one doesn't fit at all with the album's overall feel. At least with a CD you can programme it out but with an LP you're gonna have to leap up and remove the needle just after White Cross finishes. They ought to just reissue the Master-Dik EP as is, which I quite like largely in spite of its title track.

Weird that they added the bonus tracks to the vinyl (particularly the 4 on "Bad Moon"!) and while I do agree with your basic point, keep in mind that Master=Dik is built off of samples from 'Stereo Sanctity' so it at least has some thematic ties to the album. Probably belongs more on a Whitey Album reissue though.

That said, these vinyl reissues look kind of intriguing! I have all of these albums on vinyl but would certainly entertain picking up new copies if they're deemed to be outstanding pressings, and in a way the bonus tracks kiiiind of increase the appeal...though I do respect the idea of the 'original album' being preserved.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|