View Single Post
Old 04.06.2010, 05:21 PM   #26
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I don't know anything about the psychology of pedophilia but it seems rather silly to me to think that pedophiles are anything like dedicated, shadow predators trying to get close to kids, like terrorist cells living near public buildings. I think celibacy, an unnatural practice if there ever was one, leads to pedophilia in some instances.

pedophilia and celibacy are not in a causative relationship, they might coincide, but they are not directly related. By definition, celibacy is NOT pedophilia which is a sexual attraction to children, where as celibacy is a lifestyle devoid of sexuality and sexual expression. Any priest who molests children is therefore NOT A CELIBATE! He is a child molester, there is a difference.

How can they be celibate if they are having sexual activity with children?

FURTHER ANY PRIEST WHO STARTS MOLESTING CHILDREN CLEARLY DOES NOT TAKE CELIBACY SERIOUS. Its not like he was do diehard about his celibacy that he had sex with kids because he couldn't have sex with women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I think they DEFINITELY need to allow priests to marry, and they need to ban any member of the church who has committed a pedophilic act.

But in defense of the Catholic Church, there are other organizations with just as bad, if not worse pedophilia problems. In the fields of education and healthcare for instance. Sexual abuse is rampant in schools and hospitals.

I agree. In Orthodox most priests are married, and most parishes prefer married clergy. Only monks are celibate, and in Orthodox monks are not technically officiating priests, and are not necessarily even authorized to perform sacraments of Confession and Communion..

and the Church most definitely should have acted different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
But yeah the thought of them not gettng any does make sense as to why they chose little boys(alter boys I assume?)

edit: @Knox

you must seriously be joking. So all celibates naturally are inclined to homosexual pedophilia? Not quite.. if anything, celibacy might provoke a bunch of horny priests who sleep with parishioners (not an unknown happening) but this by no means explains the pedophilia. Celibates would be attracts to teenage girls and housewives, and I do believe altar boys are not of that description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sexual abuse in hospitals and schools is not covered up by the church, only to have the pedophile FUCK transferred to a different parish where he will do it again and again, and if caught, he will go to yet another parish, or the vatican will ship the pedo fuck to south america or africa where there are minimal authorities.

BIG difference.

fuck all that shit.

TRUTH but ROB, please do not forget that the VAST majority of pedophile priests get arrested and prosecuted within the 'secular' justice system, precisely because they are breaking serious laws. The Church is not judicially responsible for this error, and the law and courts are EXTREMELY active in pursuing these cases, many many priests get prosecuted for these unspeakable evil crimes.. in the confessionary no less! my god my god...

but rest assured, these scum bags are not entirely free handed, big brother watches them as much as us..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|