View Single Post
Old 04.09.2010, 05:22 PM   #66
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
also, glice, one of your posts was too convoluted fo me to make 100% sense of it, but were you implying that without religion we'd had only dry reason and have no poetry, no metaphor, no story, no dreams? if so, that's clearly a fallacy-- it's the other way around. we just need to keep sure we retain metaphors and metaphors and don't literalize (spelling, there? not sure-- or semantics for that matter-- "literalize"--- whatever, this is only my part-time language).

anyway, pookie, campbell is best in the bill moyers videos which should be available in the yookay. his serious writing is a bit dated, as he was an old school jungian and his students @ sarah lawrence called him an old fascist. but he's highly entertaining and interesting on teevee.

anyway, speaking of jungian notions, don't discount fairy tales as lesser than religious myths-- they are often interchangeable and even more useful, psychologically speaking.

i find the greek fairytales far more entertaining than the myth if the crucified jewish wonderboy (who is really pagan in origin). the greeks had healthier minds, i think, than the 2000 years of christianity that followed.

None of the above, but I've given up on this point with you. You've made your situation quite clear, I disagree with it, and that's all good in the hood with me. I'm not saying this to be a cunt (for this one time only), I just really think yours and my understanding of the world is incommensurable on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|