Thread: laptop advice
View Single Post
Old 05.16.2010, 01:02 AM   #38
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by space
I know plenty about apples. I also know plenty about pc's. I've been using both since the early 80's.

my job requires internet explorer (yeah...yikes) and I require complex video games. the mac did well for games made by blizzard, but there's a lot of games that it wouldn't run without bootcamp, and quite frankly, bootcamp defeats the purpose of a mac.

I'm not trying to bag on you for liking macs (at all)[verme might be], but that said, I DO prefer the PC for their hardware flexability.

there has NEVER -- not ONCE -- been a time in 30 years where I could NOT fix my PC. the imac, the iphone and all ithings have had to go back to the istore too many times not to bear a slight grudge. sure, they fixed it with a smile (they got extra money from me for applecare), but I am one of those weird people that LIKE to do things myself.

just sayin'.

word! I'll conclude my thing like this too, I think PC is pioneers for gaming, and add to that... for people who like to tweek shit: components, overclock, etc. I know people who are all about PC's but also spend 90% of their time on PC's digging into hardware and on constant conquest to make things run better. They are also always on campaigns to find and run the better anti spyware / virus apps to "reclaim" their PC's. Not a bad thing, but that about concludes their interest and passion for computers. I don't hate on this, but my criticism is in regards to interest vs. value. I can't spare the time to better myself with maintenance and tech stuff.... I appreciate those who do, because I always come calling sooner or later, but not for me. I run the slew of Adobe apps on one system and ProTools / Logic on another.... aside from email and internets, that's about it.

Regarding gaming, with primary interest on gaming, I would HATE Macs (don't blame you there). I've bought a random game here and there, most inferior in what is required in specs.... and they still don't run adequately on Macs.... the one aspect that Macs fail on "Gaming". I have a gaming PC myself that I run through a "gefen" switch shared with my mac stuff when I want to use it (although I've recently removed it and gave the PC to a friend in need).

As far as liking to fix-up yourself... I respect that... know plenty like that. No qualms from me, and in that case, PC is ideal. Mac are not at all intended to be self help oriented (agreed). the "do-it-yourself" avenue isn't valued by most people, so I don't think Apple is going the wrong direction.... consider yourself advanced.

I'm am really curious though (I meant it), after running Mac OSX stuff, is there any impressions (good or bad) going back to Windows? ....because, that's what it's all about to me. You've got to admit, Apple's OS is far more intuitive and clean functioning and best laid out than Windows, eh? To me, Windows feels about 3-4 years behind at all times).

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|