View Single Post
Old 06.02.2010, 03:08 AM   #105
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
The thing is, if one the ladies decides to show her tits on here, chances are that she's specifically trying to attract that sort of attention, and that is fine if they're not going to turn around and complain that their body is being exploited and all that feminist rethoric. It's your decision, after all. It's another story when thread after thread gets bombarded by idiotic remarks and pictures of women in sexy poses. Women are sexy, tell me something new, a fact pretty much established over the centuries. Does this mean that almost every topic where a female partecipates has to eventually fall into chats that hint at sex-related things? Not that sometimes those chats can't turn out funny.
See thread where luxinterior rose above semi-ironic comments on female and made mincemeat of atsonic. By the way, the female body isn't better looking than the male, they are equally attractive, it's just that we often we make only one of them a fuck-temple.

i don't know about that. some of my gay friends make fuck-temples of 19 year old boys. we males are filthy, filthy creatures, and we soil everything we look at. then again, i think women objectify too, they are just more subtle about it.

for the record, i don't think notyourfiend was trying to attract "that sort of attention"-- i think she was discussing body issues and was naive in overestimating our intellectual detachment from her pictures, that is all. she was wearing clothes by the way. she just didn't know she'd fall into such a snake pit. poor thing! that's what hapens when you go to a private liberal arts college: it leaves you unprepared for the gore of the street and the market. other tits & cleavages: ok, yes, "she asked for it" (chuckles). there are a few out there who like to cocktease internet dweebs with offers of nippleage. i say leave it to karma to sort that out.

on a separate note, there is definitely an ugly streak of woman-hating on this board, i'll say that. that doesn't always overlap with the objectification bit. it's 2 separate issues that shouldn't be conflated. the male brain objectifies-- it's how engineering, math, science, and logic got started, after all. we conceptualize nature as discrete objects. has its pros and cons.

anyway, that thread with luxinterior is epic. she was one of my favorite people here, by far. that thread was not so much about sexual objectification but about women haters-- there's an ugly streak of that in some posters here-- i guess they were burned badly & traumatized at some point in their lives. o well. i don't mind beating them with a bag of oranges when that shit starts.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|