View Single Post
Old 06.02.2010, 05:20 AM   #117
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
'Women', as a broad category, do 'objectify' too, yes. Objectification is a function of the mind, yes. I'm not necessarily getting at you, but these simple facts needn't be conflated with an exoneration of being a bastard. I'm not sure if this is what Death is getting at - he's coming at this from a different perspective - but I definitely get the sense that it's likely that a lot of people - men and women - get alienated by this board because there is a near-majority who simply can't discuss a woman without reference to her breasts or ass. A lot of people do this as a 'parody', but the lines between parody and something more sinister are far less apparent than a lot of people seem to think.

tl;dr - internet is a bad thing.

oh, that-- i had forgotten it in the discussion of the beginnings of science & egineering-- ha!.

anyway, bastards alienate people off the internet in general.

there's a lot of tits and ass in the culture though, this board didn't invent it and/or put it out there, and a lot of what we call "celebrities" depend on their tits and ass for their fame and wealth. and this board is often concerned with said spectacle. you can't discuss britney spears in the late 90s withour remarking on her bare midriff and hip movements. they are inseparable. beyonce's recently famous music video is all about her sexy ass-shakes. proof of that is that when 7 year olds performed said dance number recently, there was an uproar about the sexualization of little girls-- and rightly so. beyonce is sex on legs and that's how she exerts her star power. denying it is ridiculously naive.

on the other hand-- i would never discuss the tits and ass of susan sontag or hanna arendt or jhumpa lahiri or in the case of this little board luxinterior, nefeli, jenthebenn, etc, because their awesomeness does not require tits or ass and their persona is not about that. there are women however who must always show some skin or voluptuous protuberance or act sexual in order to get attention-- which makes us wonder what came first, the chicken or the egg

we're all to blame and we're all going to hell.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|