View Single Post
Old 06.05.2010, 12:22 PM   #876
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the African nations are going to struggle big time. Even at full strength, I still don't think they're quite ready to lift the trophy but in a couple of tournaments time (and if they can attract a good coach - which is a big if) they really could become a major force.

Further Injuries aside, I think England are good enough to make the semis but I really do worry about our defence and the possibility that Rooney gets isolated. We really aren't that good against 'top' teams and are capable of going to sleep against lower ranked ones. So yeah, semis at best for me.

I always think Holland can be as good as any team on the planet and your form during qualifying was amazing, but there's always that sense that they'll slip up again. It's become a cliche in the UK to think of Holland as the best team on earth, but also the most fragile.

Regarding Holland against Brazil, I just looked at the depth of their squad and even without Ronaldinho or any other outright star up front, it's pretty terrifying:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur), Victor (Gremio)
Defenders:
Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Alex (Chelsea), Juan (AS Roma), Lucio (Bayern Munich), Luisao (Benfica), Kleber (Internacional), Andre Santos (Corinthians).
Midfielders:
Anderson (Manchester United), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josue (VfL Wolfsburg), Ramires (Cruzeiro), Elano (Manchester City), Felipe Melo (Fiorentina), Julio Baptista (AS Roma), Kaka (AC Milan)
Forwards:
Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (Internacional), Robinho (Manchester City).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|