View Single Post
Old 04.22.2018, 04:47 AM   #22442
hairs missing
empty page

hairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asseshairs missing kicks all y'all's asses
I recently saw Isle of Dogs in theaters

I'm really not big on Wes Anderson. I've always admired his use of the camera, the immaculate compositions, use of color, etc. But most of his previous films left me cold. I find a lot of the main characters unlikable, and they've all failed to resonate with me on an emotional level. I also find his penchant for dry humor more obnoxious than amusing...

Getting that out of the way, I consider his last 3 films (Moonrise Kingdom, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and now Isle of Dogs) to be his finest work so far. Maybe it's just me, but he seems to be showing a little more restraint with the "trademarks" that I've grown accustomed to seeing in his films. I also think Isle of Dogs gives Grand Budapest a run for its money from a visual standpoint, but I still prefer the latter.

Phantom Thread is by far and away the best recent film I've seen though... Everyone here needs to watch it ASAP
hairs missing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|