Thread: cassettes
View Single Post
Old 11.30.2019, 04:34 AM   #63
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
let's revive this thread! This is basically in reply to this post by NYCgaf16 where he said:
Quote:
cassetes are cool

Can anyone explain me why all of a sudden cassettes have become so popular again? Yes, I liked cassettes when I was young (eighties/early ninties), to record stuff from the radio, and later I would rent CD's from the library and copy them onto cassettes, and whenever I got tired of them I would record something else over them. But buying new records on cassette? I hardly ever did.

This was at a time when there were still walkmans, and no iPod, or even mobile phones. Does anyone still use walkmans, the real original ones where you would put a tape in it, and all of a sudden the sound would be warbled and you'd open the thing and it was one big spaghetti mesh inside. And you'd have to use a pencil and try to recover the darned tape?

I got rid of all my tape collection like 10 years ago, because I didn't have a cassette player anymore, and if I wanted to record something, I would use CDR's. Or just transfer it to mp3's.

Now since a couple of years, artists are releasing stuff on cassette only. It's really bizarre to me. One of my favorite local labels Jesus Factory brings out many of its releases only on cassette nowadays.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|