View Single Post
Old 10.11.2022, 02:11 PM   #25323
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
True ^

People were obsessed with poetry, poetry slams, and live poetry readings [...)
haha i read the article which mentions nuyorican poets café jajaja. thanks for the link. brings back great memories. a pity that mtv eventually gave up music and turned into a cesspool of "reality" fecal matter. the article writer misunderstood beavis and butthead i think: they were meant as satire not role models.

i remember king missile's detachable penis, a very funny song. he lost it at a party i think and found it in a flea market in st marks place or something? can't remember now the exact chain of events. i will give it a listen for the lols.

cigarette butt: holy relic?

=

so anyway i ended up watching empire records the other day, after all.

it was certainly not a good movie. part of it was a bit of a refry of the breakfast club, which i hate already--the we all have something in common and the little dances and shit, with the store owner as the failed villain. thst was contrived. it had too much zellweger, who was pretty, but annoyed the fuck out of me for some reason when she was younger. and she's unconvincing as a self described "slut." the people gathering in the streets to save the store was fucking ridiculous.

but on the other hand, i found it charming. the robert palmer parody character was a hilarious idea. of course kim did it better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TuWdHNsYY lol but it was another concept altogether. the kid who is wearing a lou reed look at the beginning was somewhat funny. the thief, warren, who would later go on to play pecker's shoplifting friend, was pretty great. the little gwar sequence was stupid funny. liv tyler in her fuzzy powder blue sweater was more than nice lol, who knew that she'd be an elf some day? the blurry patti smith poster on the wall was the best of it. the shaved head girl from the craft and her problems was... familiar, lol.

so yeah i... it was a badly made movie, but it was ok having it on the teevee while maybe doing other stuff. not quite a guilty pleasure--meaning it was fun at times but not that pleasurable, but i'm not feeling guilty about liking it somewhat either.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|