View Single Post
Old 10.22.2023, 10:46 PM   #1084
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know that he's any more psycho than the kleptocracy of kirchnerism. i mean, look at poor argentina in an endless downward spiral, the same clusterfuck of corruption and dysfunction and mismanagement and theft. inflation, devaluation, worthless debt... in a country that shoule be rich! pathetic...

i mean, i've see many internstional headlines comparing milei to el trumpo, which might lead one to believe it's a fair comparison, but frankly i fail to see the commonality.

milei is well read, principled (he derives his arguments from principles), and is neither ignorant nor capricious. the last debate which i saw live he quoted hayek and made philosophical arguments. i mean, one can disagree with him without falling for ridiculous character assassinations. i've never seen trump quote a book of any sort, or make any sort of statement of principles.

i'm not saying that milei is the solution to argentina's problems. but massa, for sure, is completely the wrong answer. in the last debate his prescriptions to heal the economic hemorrhage and continuous impoverishment of his people were the equivalent of a set of colored bandaids with cartoon characters in them. housing programs... wtf. kirchnerism is a disgrace. and they want more of it?! poor argentina. doomed.

anyway, maybe not. there will be a runoff election on november 19, with a debate on the 12. not sure if there will ne any alliances or how they will shape up. i'm sure if milei were elected congress wouldn't allowed him to do whatever he wants.

but more kirchnerism and mismanagement and corruption... omfg... muerte sin fin.

I take your point, but even assuming they're fucked either way... Remember PJ O'Rourke? From Wikipedia:
In 2016, he endorsed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. O'Rourke stated that his endorsement included her "lies and empty promises" and added "She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters".
That's my point. Trump-like or not, guy's off-the-charts nuts. I mean, just... No. The fact that Argentina can't come up with other alternatives should not be a green light for an absolute mutant to take the Rosada. If we're gonna play "What Do They Have To Lose", I'll even take, shit, you name it - Lionel Scaloni or somebody...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|