View Single Post
Old 01.21.2019, 04:40 PM   #23409
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I like Raimi's Spider-Man films in spite of Dafoe. I watch them more as a love story and on that level they work fine for me (the 1st two, anyway). I'd actually forgotten Dafoe was even in them until you reminded me. The problem is if you find Heath Ledger's performance a bit annoying (which I must admit I do) there doesn't seem to be much else in The Dark Knight to really hold on to.

At least you acknowledge that Dafoe is shit in that movie, and seem to understand that the movie is shit too, just shit you like.

I think there’s plenty more in TDK to love. Cinematography, practical special effects, pacing, music (really great music), story, art and sound direction, acting ... but sure, Ledger’s the meat, so I guess if you don’t like Ledger (which I suppose is possible?) then maybe it’s not great.

If you don’t like Robert Deniro, Taxi Driver’s gonna suck too. For you. But it doesn’t suck. You just don’t like the right things. Same thing here.

But your admission of Dafoe’s ridoculousness puts you ahead of these fools in my book. Cheers.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|