View Single Post
Old 03.08.2024, 10:53 AM   #1220
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
uncle joe did good yesterday! i didnt watch the whole speech but yeah. very lucid, and way saner than covfefe. i feel encouraged by this and do not fear the polls.

also i don't care for purity tests. we face a simple binary choice in this federal election. this isn't a school board or city council where you can vote for a fringe candidate and see what happens. but i am glad that michigan voters spoke clearly in the primary, and i think they've been heard. regardless of who started what and when, and who is who's ally, religions, and political alignments, etc etc... mass starvation of civilians cannot be allowed. there have to be limits to any war. let the humanitarian aid flow. so what if it required voter pressure--that's how democracy works. thanks, michigan

re: pain in our times: epicureanism and stoicism (with 21st century updates) continue to be the available individual responses to unpleasant times that i can see honestly working. and even though the epicurean garden can be destroyed, it can also be relocated nowadays, to escape destruction. for collective response (which epicureanism avoids), stoicism can blend well with politics. i like to combine them pragmatically. there is no need to be monotheistic and faithful, so to speak. it's a bad mental habit. well, two habits: monotheism, and faith. like the proverbial person with just a hammer, but with added stubbborness

we live in dangerous times, no question. it's not that we're in a bad situation in itself, overall. all times are dangerous. and in some sense, we are close to the peak of civilization. but the risk looks enormous (it's a very hard fall when you're riding high). there are plenty of doom prophets out there, but i'm not one of them. i think disaster can be prevented, or mitigated, or weathered, if we do the right thing (these are degrees of handling). it's just never over. reality is an infinite game.

---

eta nonfarm payrolls released this morning looked better than expected but last month's figures were revised downward so the us economy keeps doing well, basically, but not explosively well, so the soft landing (?) is in sight consistent with powell's testimony yesterday. rate cuts might be possible in june. here's hoping, because a no-landing would create problems. inflation must be tamed, or everyone loses
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|