View Single Post
Old 05.09.2007, 12:03 PM   #6
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Has anyone read this book?

If you have, how readable is it? I tend to lose interest in books that are written like someone's university thesis, I just like something that's simple to understand.

I have this book, I've tried to read it, I've actually only read parts.
It is a very collegiate work, he uses lots o' 50cent words and tries very hard to impress the regents or whoever.

I feel the same way that in the way he writes about the VU school of things, he's trying to give it respect that he really doesn't have. I think he don't really care for this subgenre, and he tries the same "props" giving to dj Qbert and the whole turntable revolution, but he reallly just doesn't get it. He's a total prog rock nut, fripp is his ground zero. He's trying to encompass the whole lot of avant-pop-culture without any real understanding.
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|