View Single Post
Old 06.23.2006, 04:52 PM   #11
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
WARNING WARNING WARNING: ALIENWARE SUCKS.

i didn't know this before. but they make all their money in first sales-- they have zero customer returns. they build impossible machines that burn out & melt components. hot-rodding with crappy customer support = death. there are plenty of horror stories. even though i think they are were are are going to be bought by dell. not sure on the status.

also, i advice strongly against consumer laptops. business class is the only option if you want durability, reliability, and a lid that won't break in 3 months.

i love ibm thinkpads (now lenovo), they are the sturdiest most reliable machines out there. video performance however is a bit below par. so let me recommend:

get yourself a dell precision m65 if you are into video editing; goes for something like $1600 and it includes a $400 discount coupon on adobe studio standard (premiere pro, adobe audition, and other great goodies).

trust me i know my shit. this machine is perfect for what you need.

also: video editing will require external storage on a laptop, so forget paying $400 for an extra 20gb... instead, learn about building external storage with enclosures for internal drives. or buy yourself an external storage drive or array of drives when the time comes. but that you can do later.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|