View Single Post
Old 12.12.2010, 02:25 AM   #13460
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
I just saw Black Swan and was blown away. It is by far Aronofsky's best film. Incredibly passionate and surprising and well done. The last 45 minutes was a sustained anxiety attack. And yes, the film still has his trademark too-transparent-and-in-your-face-for-some-people thematic elements, but it's just done much better this time.

Pi- 7/10
Requiem for a Dream- 3/10
The Fountain- 0/10
The Wrestler-7/10
Black Swan-9/10

...really dug it.

So that would make this and Scott Pilgrim my favorite films released this year. Still haven't seen that new Weersathakul yet...Inception and Harry Potter were wack.

The trailer for the new Terrence Malick film, Tree of Life, was pretty damn impressive with some beautiful imagery.

Thanks to you guys, I Netflix'ed The Taste of Tea and absolutely love it. I don't even know where to begin...it's jsut saturated with heart and humor. Those cosplayers in the subway cracked me the fuck up.