View Single Post
Old 04.04.2023, 04:29 PM   #771
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
God help us all if this MAGA crowd is not dwindling. What might it be now? 35%? 40%? More?

I think education is the key thing here. Critical thinking. Things have sunk so low for this monster to have so much support.

That asshole Gingrich likes to complain that 11/12 university profs are Dems, and that a Repuke has no chance of getting in.

Could it be that university profs have educated themselves to a level where Modern Repukeism is seen for what it actually is?

there is political bias in academia, particularly in the humanities where rigor does not count for a goddamn. it's all about fads and popularity contests and fitting in. it's a sad business really.

it's not like in the sciences though, where there sure is politics like everywhere else, but in the end the evidence speaks for itself.

as for education, i see it differently. i think we still have the best universities, and i think the basic education is good enough, but there just is too much religion in the population to oppose any and all teachings.

so i think taxing religious enterprises just like all other regular businesses would remove the extra incentive to turn the population into a credulous mass of fucking morons who think that whatever nonsense they believe becomes instant objective truth.

because this is what happens here. "faith" kills reason. both on the right and on the left, i should add. whatever you "believe" becomes objective. zero examination, zero doubt.

of course there is an unfortunate first amendment interpretation which exempts churches from taxation. so in america if a huckster wants endless free money all they have to do is find enough gullible marks and start a religion.

hence, infinite churches proliferate here. it's just very good business. bigger than fentanyl.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/...han-we-thought

^^^BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|