Thread: Last Days
View Single Post
Old 05.12.2010, 08:06 PM   #41
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
All of those films are "You either love it, or hate it,"-type deals that leave you feeling very cold at the end, despite their many contrasting differences in style. This is a HUGE gripe that people seem to have with these films.

The Brown Bunny is the most similar of the films I mentioned, and receives many of the same complaints as Last Days. People bitch how nothing happens, and call it lazy, and uninspired...hell, didn't you even get a similar review regarding Me, Myself and My Third Eye?

To less-mainstream moviegoers like most of us, a comedy like The Weather Man is obviously much more...err..."normal"...than it is to the general public. Yet, people bitch about how the film is far too bleak, depressing, and worst of all...boring. Also obvious to us, is that the general public really doesn't seem to understand that the whole point of the film was to be bleak, slow-paced, and depressing (see where I'm going with this?).

I like La Vie Nouvelle a lot too, but you guys have to see how many of your criticisms of this film could just as easily be applied to it, and films of a similar vein.

I don't think "Last Days" is lazy, far from it actually. I think it's just misunderstood. I don't know why I'm going so ape shit over this; I just really like the film, and hate to see it bashed so consistently.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|