View Single Post
Old 10.17.2006, 01:15 PM   #7
UVRAY
bad moon rising

UVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's assesUVRAY kicks all y'all's asses
These are what I consider to be my coolest vinyl:

The Associates - Fourth Drawer Down.

Amongst some of the early pioneers of electro/industrial music. But what set them apart was Billy McKenzie's operatic vocals. No one else around like them when this was released in 1982. They later morphed into a more pop based sound but this album was an influential work in its genre.

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Psycho Candy.

This 1984 classic should need no explanation. Essential vinyl.

The Kinks - Well Respected.

I own this original 1966 vinyl in near mint condition. A treasure of mine.

The Velvet Underground & Nico.

I own this VU vinyl pressing in a rare 2nd edition gatefold sleeve featuring the Andy Warhol banana on the cover and also the double lp gatefold edition with Warhol's rendition of the coca cola bottle cover.

The Velvet Underground - Loaded.

Again, original pressing in excellent condition. Another treasured possession.

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures.

Original 1980 pressing with the faux-leather cover.

I have a whole host of SY and related project rarities that I consider to be my essential stuff, including:

The Velvet Monkeys - Rake 'original motion picture score'

Ciccone Youth - Whitey Album.

SY - Goo, Evol, Sister, Daydream Nation.

But I just love vinyl.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

UVRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|