View Single Post
Old 06.30.2015, 02:12 PM   #3984
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony
Yes, i mostly read women.

I have a play by susan sontag, found it on the street..

I don't really know what to ask for, but I can tell you what I've liked in the last few months!
I liked joan didion's fiction and siri hustvedt! and i liked loorie moore, jean rhys.
I think you once recommended djuna barnes to me? I still have nightwood sitting somewhere...
i still have so many books to read, but i want to reward myself with new books.
I don't read in spanisch nor french. I forgot most of what I learned in school. Should try and take a class through university next semester...

sexist!

anyway

have you read jhumpa lahiri? the interpreter of maladies is a nice short story collection, and the namesake was a pretty good novel i though.

you read only fiction? what about poetry? no poetry?

o wait you said anne sexton... so yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I think you're a prime candidate for:

Pushcart Prize
The O. Henry Prize Stories
Best American Short Stories

Each year, each title puts out their top 20 literary shorts. PUSHCART is best bang for the buck because essays and poetry are in there too. Best quality too, I think. But all are a good way to discover new voices and to check out what old favs are up to.

this is good advice. also, you can tear off the men's pages & save space.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|