Thread: Steampunk
View Single Post
Old 01.01.2012, 04:48 PM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Please recommend me some classic steampunk literature.

I'm not interested in fashion or dressing up like a Victorian chimney-sweep. I just want recommendations for good, high quality reads that define the genre.

I find it's all over the place in current science fiction, that that I've read little of it.

I almost finished Stephen Hunt's Court of the Air, but something about it bored the shit out of me and I couldn't put it into context. That was before I was really aware of the steampunk theme though.

So, any steampunk novels you can direct me towards? New or old releases.

FYI: I have of course already read Jules Verne and Wells, so let's focus on more contemporary works. Things that came out after the term was coined. Currently looking at Cherie Priest. She's from Seattle and is supposed to be good.

Thanks!
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|