View Single Post
Old 09.25.2006, 10:44 PM   #12
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I have the worst history in dentistry...

When I was in 6th grade, approximately in January, I had to a thing called a Hyrax. A hyrax resembeled a four legged spider that was connected to four teeth, and it spread across the roof of your mouth. It was designed to make your mouth wider. It formed a gap in my teeth.

In April of the same year I got my braces. Between Jan. and April I had to get 7 teeth removed. Anyway, I got the braces, a year later the hyrax came off. But the braces were still there.

I found out that my jaw wasn't aligned correctly and it wouldn't be able to be fixed using rubber bands. The only alternative was surgery, but we'll get back to that. Two summers ago, I got my braces removed and I became the proud owner of two retainers (on for top and one for bottom).

Now back to the surgery part: The operation involves cutting off some of the mandable and shifting its position. I can't get the surgery until I'm 18. So I'll have to wear the retainer all the way until then (only at night now, thank god), but still it is a hassel. But what really sucks, is when I get the surgery done, I have to have braces again before and after the operation!