Thread: courtney
View Single Post
Old 03.03.2007, 09:44 AM   #42
auto-aim
the destroyed room

auto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's assesauto-aim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
He's self centered, jealous of everyone better than him, took so much control over the Pumpkins, to the contest of the other members, takes almost all the credit for them, blames others for the break up, bagged on Pavement (claiming that you don't fall in love with pavements music, you fall in love to the pumpkins music) had something against Kurt Cobain and Nirvana (granted, Pumpkins were more skilled and got less credit). In just seems like he was doing it all for fame and fortune. Basically, he's a sell out.

I'm also in the camp of the first band i ever REALLY loved that got my into other stuff good stuff... I still love them too, but have played them to death.
So i dont know. He does have a big tendancy to be completly pretentious and egotistical. Its hard because he doesn't often show a modest side publically but when you listen to some pumpkins b-sides and like all the zwan stuff and chicago songs that never saw the light of day it shows a pretty amazing talent. I'd go as far to say that he is the most diverse musician that i've ever heard - and the best at it. (im not talking about way out there stuff but in terms of different types of music and doing ti well) So i personally think he's justified in it in a lot of ways as he speaks a lot of sense most of the time. And lastly i'll say, before this post gets too long, I wouldn't say he's a sell out at all... he never cast any aspersions to what kind of artist he wanted to be, and i'd say made it pretty clear that he wanted the pumpkins to be the biggest band in the world and make a lot of money and all that shit. On the flipside of that, though it often backfires, I'd say he tries to do a little bit for fans of the band and releasing machina 2 they way they did is pretty cool.

His Naked Torso
auto-aim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|