View Single Post
Old 12.17.2007, 10:15 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Direct drive turntables aren't as good for sound, it's true. I like them because they're more bulletproof (the good ones, anyway; those Numark ones look good and work OK, but they're not built like tanks).
For me, the heavier the better, just so the needle doesn't jump if you step on the floor too hard and nonsense like that.
I have a Panasonic SL-1100 (the precursor to the Tec 12) that I bought used for a hundred bucks and I love it. My bandmate runs a very high-end audio company and he told me that if I upgrade the tonearm, I could have a competitive audiophile turnable. Nice to know. I'll definitely enlist his aid when the time comes.

oh yeah the fucking floor... i'm installing a wall shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
i'll sell you a pair of technics SL-1200MK5s for 500$

ah, no thanks man, appreciate the offer, but a) i just want one b) i'm strongly leaning towards a belt drive c) i'd rather buy new, not used-- i want a good warranty in case of any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertonic
yeah definately reccommend Technics 1200's. There are fucking tanks. Still simple, easy to find parts, ect... Usually you can get a pair for 500 to 600, so you should be able to find one under 300 pretty easy...

and.... since most DJ's that play vinyl want Techs, they hold their resale value.... just in case

hm... well i really don't need a "tank". i'm not going to be moving that turntable anywhere.

the other problem with used as i see, is that being 1200s they'll be preused by djs, which means they'll be more worn out than an old thai whore. nah, i'll rather save $600 for a new 1200 when the time comes. or i might look into something else actually-- there's some sweet stuff for that price.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|