View Single Post
Old 10.05.2023, 06:47 AM   #25575
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

A really well-put-together talking heads doc that actually keeps the talking heads at a minimum and instead opts to recreate a lot of the anecdotes with comic strip-esque animatics. There is a suprisingly large amount of Rowland S. Howard giving his side of things as well, considering he passed away in 2009. The documentary must have been in production for a long time. Lydia Lunch and Thurston Moore do get to say a few things too.

It was a rollercoaster ride. The way The Birthday Party approached making music and touring was downright headache-inducing. They were absolutely fated to burn out that way. Amazing music though. Hearing all the sweet tunes in context made me want to play them at my events again - I put a bit of a break on that, because for a while I played them quite often.

Great, inspired music, very talented people. Also: Massive egos. I kind of don't like Nick Cave, even though I love The Birthday Party and can appreciate his talent given certain arrangements (Not that big a fan of his later stuff as a whole, though there are a few bangers here and there; I always preferred Rowland there.).

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|