View Single Post
Old 10.22.2023, 08:19 PM   #202
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
The Interrogator is out now on CD, available directly from the band on The Big Cartel. Mine arrived in the mail (accompanied by a nice handwritten note from Elizabeth) last week. After a couple of listens, all I can say is I don’t think they’re capable of making a bad album.

Indeed. Not even capable of a dull song, if you believe Robert Christgau.

Incidentally, I have to admit that it was only after Robbie Robertson died and clips and quotes started showing up everywhere that I realized The Paranoid Style's A Goddamn Impossible Way Of Life album is titled verbatim after this exchange on The Last Waltz:

Quote:
Robertson: The road was our school. It gave us a sense of survival. It taught us all we know. There's not much left that we can really take from the road. We've had our share of... Or maybe it's just superstitious.

Martin Scorsese: Superstitious in what way?

RR: You can press your luck. The road has taken a lot of the great ones. Hank Williams. Buddy Holly. Otis Redding. Janis. Jimi Hendrix. Elvis. It's a goddamn impossible way of life.

MS: It is, isn't it?

RR: No question about it.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|