View Single Post
Old 09.24.2012, 10:09 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
how could I forget the Deftones Self-Titled release secret show at the Roxy in 2003. 150 people. I got the tickets for hearing the announcement at 330 AM listening to the radio when I was a graveyard security guard at a movie studios lot. They said, FREE DEFTONES SHOW, be a the wienersnitchel's parking lot in San Bernardino at 12PM to get tickets. That shit is two hours from LA by the way, they made it sound like the show was going to be that night or even afternoon in San Berardino. When I got there around 8 I was literally the first person there. I got my tix at 12:08, that was when I found out when the show was and where, at the Roxy the next week.

they played EVERY single song from their catalog at that point, the show was well over two hours, no opening bands, no bullshit, just straight into it from the gate. Midway Chino said, "Wait I bet y'all wanna hear some of the new shit? Fuck that it don't come out till midnight!" and he meant it, they didn't play a single new song until the encore. Fucking KICK ass..

In fact, here is the first video clip I've ever seen of this show, the first time I've seen anything about it over 9 years

Hexagram At the Roxy..

in fact, you can see me and my girlfriend's hands (I recognize my watch and hand gestures) here.. what is even more surreal about this clip is if captures a memory I've never forgotten, of Chino collapsing there on that rail leaning on the crowd..

When I first heard this tune, the crowd simply erupted!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|