View Single Post
Old 04.26.2022, 10:45 AM   #25184
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
anyway i watched the fucking breakfast club because people keep talking about it like it's some important cultural reference, and i just had to find out wtf it was.

what it is: genexers as seen by a boomer. tellingly, it opens with a bowie lyric from 1971. but ok, bowie has endured well. this movie, i think not. it was cringeworthy.

some of the stuff was okay for its time i guess, the whole united nations of high school cliques having a peace summit or whatever... ok. but the ending... the ending is fucking ridiculous.

prissy hairdo as a cure for borderline personality disorder? lmao. just fucking absurd. the feral appearance on the crazy chick was a better look anyway. keep the black stuff around the eyes! jeezus. terrible fucking makeover. would not date. and suddenly, she's holding hands with emilio. lmfao. figures...

oh and the pseudocriminal's little victory gesture? hahahahahaaaaaaaa! goddamn, so stupid. o well. it was designed to bamboozle kids.

basically the underlying "message" seems to be not that everyone has something in common (overt, read twice "message"), or that differences should be tolerated or even encouraged: but that low status persons can score with the popular kids with a few gimmicks and "win" at life. yeah for a day or two if they can keep up appearances lololol.

but anyway the stuff with the kid with the personality disorder was just so fucking bad. all she needed was a bow! hahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa.

i was never a john hughes fan. he'd get half of things right and hilarious, and then ruin the other half with some corny conformism shit. well he's dead now so no use piling on the guy, but his ideology... was not good. or maybe it was pressure from studio executives, who knows.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|