View Single Post
Old 12.30.2022, 08:58 AM   #25383
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Point Break: Ridiculously stupid film but surprisingly quite fun. Big production value upgrade compared to previous Swayze joints like Roadhouse (which has aged like milk in the sun and was a shit movie to begin with). At least Point Break is fun. Roadhouse is just an unintentional comedy.
i watched roadhouse not too long ago (is everyone else on a $1.99 starz kick now?) i laughed my ass off--especially the ending! of course it was terrible, but that is besides the point. watching a monster truck drive over a car dealer's lot for no reason whatsoever while everyone stares with a stupid mouth open and does nothing about it... fuck, that is funny. everything about roadhouse is ridiculous and funny.

on the other hand i was unable to finish point break due to boredom and predictability. i could see that big wave coming from around the globe. so i turned it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Slackers

ah, i love that thing. it's almost endlessly rewatchable. dated for sure, but still... it's got something. is there any other movie like it? maybe parts of fellini's "roma" but it's a much different anthropology and aesthetic. eta: or even dziga vertov's "man with the movie camera" which is even more distant but also wanders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Then I needed a more serious and factual movie, and there was only one option:

didn't expect much of it, and it actually is truly terrible but I enjoyed it a lot. (spoiler alert) it has both Christopher Lloyd (famous for the professor in Back To The Future) and David Hasselhoff as supporting actors.
it always bothers me in these types of movies, that everyone is running around naked except for the main character

THAT is the suspense that keeps you glued to the screen! waiting for the main character's top to fall off.

gotta respect a movie that knows what it stands for.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|